Web Worker Tests

That’s what I was thinking too, that we’d end up making and destroying new workers each frame. But, on the other had, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if Parallel.js was running inside of a thread to begin with (assuming sub workers could be made inside a thread, which doesn’t seem to be the case yet) but that still wouldn’t be as desirable as determining how many workers are needed, and keeping them alive as long as possible.

My prototype isn’t either, but I’d argue for putting it up so that we can all (while developing our own prototypes) peep each others. We can get ideas and/or suggest improvements, etc. It’s like discussion via code.

@oldschooljarvis Any updates?

I’m sorry to say I burned out on it in late November and haven’t made progress since.

That said, I’m probably going to throw out most of what I have and take another stab at it soon. On the bright side, SharedArrayBuffer has inched forward since then, so I’ll be aiming to incorporate that. Not planning to include it before was honestly demoralizing.

Suffice it to say, don’t wait on me for anything at this point. I’ve kind of consigned myself to left field. :laughing:

1 Like