Just want to make sure we’re all on the same page. How is it going with everyone? Should we decide on a deadline and how we plan to handle the merge? e.g. (modify this as needed) Current plan is as follows (pending additional team member input):
- Finish Engine prototypes (until roughly end of November)
- Finalize Common Design spec (can start before part 1 is completely finished)
- Merge, as follows:
Evaluate each of the following aspects of each engine:
according to these criteria:
- API / ease of use
And then even dive down into the lower stuff, e.g. “overall we should use X’s component system but it was brilliant how Y handled this and that should be integrated into it”, or something.
Is this what people were thinking? Or if not, what?
Lastly, could be good to have a few “use cases” to test all the engines against to help us work out what approach does which kinds of things best, maybe even now during development, e.g.
- Number of simultaneous transitionables at 60fps (both with, and without, physics)
- (add more here)